Sunday, June 8, 2008

Late Night, I Can't Sleep!


Its a little after 11pm, as I lay in bed watching my Hubby sleeping peacefully. Its just a matter of hours, and he will be leaving me and our son. I would think these deployments would get easier because this is his second time going to Iraq. I remember the first time he left was really hard for me. I put all of our stuff in storage and decide that me and our son would move in with my sister and father. Being close to family was important to me and plus I needed the support. I was constantly thinking how he was , what he was doing. Time did go by slow but Wes made it easy, he would always called when he had a chance and hearing his voice , felt so good and I was relieved. Wes keeps telling me not to worry that he will be safe because of the location but you can not keep your guard down. It doesnt matter, he is still going to be in Iraq. I will constantly worry until he comes home.
I am sad, because he will be missing 15 months of our son's life. He will miss the entire 2nd grade, the baseball , soccer practices and games. Fifthteen months of seeing the growth of a little boy. Our son knows that Daddy is going to Iraq to fight the bad guys!
My eyes become full of tears , I try to hold them it but I cant. I know once we say our final goodbyes , the tears will come pouring down but thats okay.

Proud, Army Wife!

1 comment:

laura said...

I was just browsing through some blogs on the web, and I came across yours. I know that we're strangers, but I want you to know that before I go to bed tonight, I'm going to pray for your husband and for you and your family. And I want you to know how completely and utterly grateful I am to your husband and to you for what he and you are doing for our country. I wish I could express it in words. I will pray for protection, peace, and patience for all of you.

Know that someone in Pittsburgh is thankful for you and for your husband. And that you're being prayed for.

Peace to you.